Advice & Info

As a carer, you may be entitled to benefits to help you in caring for someone. To access support you will need a Carer's Assessment. This can be requested by contacting our Single Point Of Access Service. As a carer you maybe entitled to the following:

  • Benefits for carers and those they care for
  • Practical support to help with the caring role
  • Support for working carers

Download: Carers Rights

Guide to your rights as a carer. (Size: 32 KB)

Contact: Single Point Of Access Service

Telephone: 01472 256 256

Address: The Val Waterhouse Centre, Kent Street, Grimsby, North East Lincolnshire, DN32 7DJ

Taking an occasional break is important for your health and wellbeing. There are different services to help with this, such as

  • Advice and Information about services available
  • Care in the home
  • Day care services
  • Respite care
  • Direct Payments
  • Resource Library with internet access
  • Training
  • Holistic Therapies
  • Quarterly Newsletter
  • Carers Register
  • Support Groups
  • Signposting


Contact: Community Learning Disability Team

Telephone: 01472 571 120

Address: Queen Street Centre, Queen Street, Grimsby

Want to Become a Personal Assistant / Carer?

If you think you would like to become a Personal Assistant or carer for someone you may wish to consider registering with the Carer's Personal Assistant Bureau. For more information and to register with the PA Bureau you can view the leaflet below.

Download: PA Guide

A guide for people who want to become a Personal Assistant.

(Size: 1 MB)

If you would like a PA please have a look at the following guide:

Download: PA Client Guide

Information for clients wanting to use the Personal Assistant Bureau.

(Size: 865 KB)

Questions or comments?
Please type any questions or comments into the box, then press the Send Comments button
Please include contact details if you would like a response.